Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Network Engineering Lead. Candidate will oversee the designing, planning, and maintenance for all new and existing network hardware and software technology. Candidate will utilyze advanced systems, Scripting and developer skills to to implement, design, and maintain enterprise-wide systems hardware/software technology components, as well as lead the creation of network standards, and be able to apply them in support of present and future needs.
Oversee all technology aspects of Networking, maintaining a perspective of the how the industry is heading, talking to other companies, and bringing back to Company other customer stories.
Create and maintain roadmaps for innovation and product life cycles, including the year to year budget, which is presented on a bi annual basis to leadership.
Create standardized solutions that are documented and provide training to staff. Inclusive of recommending technologies, evaluating technologies, implementing one or more of these in a proof of concept, and then transitioning the work to peers or a fulfillment team for completion. Maintain adjustments to the standards so that the software configuration provide the highest security and availability.
Develop, plan, and implement highly complex change, sign off on less complex changes, and monitor changes as needed depending on delegations.
Ability to present written or verbal communications to senior leadership, inclusive of resource requirements or budgeting forecast.
Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components. Collaborate with operations to address concerns with mean time to repair, which could be used to perform incident avoidance.
Ability to automate or orchestrate network technologies, so that we can speed our deliver or operations, using common tools at noted in the skills requirements.
Superior analytical skills. Oversee and drive effort to analyze highly complex problems and solution alternatives. Recommend best alternatives and implement upon approval.
Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
Provide coaching and direction for more junior engineers, serving as Subject Matter Expert for network requirements within assigned areas of responsibility.
Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
Develop plans to meet required service levels; coordinate capacity requirements, design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
Possess deep knowledge of more than one Enterprise Network Technologies including Routing/Switching, Server Load Balancing, Wireless technologies, Cloud integration, and Network Management tools. S/he will also be knowledgeable of industry trends in network technology, and have good understanding of the interaction between network and other technologies including Windows, Storage, AWS, Azure, Oracle, Big Data, and VMWare.
- Education required: College degree or equivalent work experience
- Certification required: Maintain a current CCIE
- Proven experience designing and managing a large enterprise or ISP
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise network systems
- Routing (Complex BGP, OSPF, route redistribution, VRF lite, Static routing, route maps, ECMP)
- Switching (PVST+, RSPT preferred, MST, MLAG)
- QOS - CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
- Multicast (PIM-SM)
- Protocol analysis ( TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
- VPN's (Point to Point Vpn's, Dmvpn)
- Security risk mitigation
- End of life planning and budgeting
- Experience with Network management integration with SNMP, Syslog, and event handling
- Experience in Python Scripting and Rest API
- Service Level Management - developing SLA's and quantifying Availability of the Network.
- System admin experience (Linux)
- Experience installing a Data center SDN, Cisco ACI, Cumulus, or other, into production
- Ability to design, install and configure F5 products.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain the F5 technology within an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with GSLB, F5 LTM and GTM is required.
- Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
- Cisco and Arista data center switching
- Network Security, 802.1X, port security, DAI, DHCP spoofing, NAT, IPSEC, Firewall management
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $120,000 to $135,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: Bonus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Sensors Mag