This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
We're based between Tooting and Mitcham, South West London and supply and install equipment such as awnings, parasols, sail shades, outdoor structures, pergolas. We're looking for fitters with experience of mechanical fitting, ground-works or strong skills from another construction trade such as carpentry.
The job includes surveying, installation and maintenance of our equipment, right across the UK. This is a hands-on site-based job. A mature can-do attitude is required.
Key skills required:
• Good knowledge of hand and electrical tools
• A good command of written and spoken English is essential
• Ability to carry out on-site installations in an organised and efficient manner
• Full, clean UK driving licence (or equivalent)
• Physically fit
• Logical, adaptable and a problem solver
• Knowledge of safe working practices
• Flexibility with working hours and overnight stays
• Living in the South West London area or a willingness to relocate is advisable
• Electrical experience an advantage but not essential
• Carpentry skills an advantage but not essential
• Current CSCS card desirable but not essential as training will be provided
• 6am starts at the workshop every day are required.
• The role involves a lot of travel as we cover the whole of the UK.
• This job can involve some working hours during the spring and summer, including some over night stays.
• Plenty of overtime particularly during their busy Spring/Summer period, boosting earnings to as much as £800 gross per week.
• Offers the security and benefits of a permanent job (ie. paid holidays, pension scheme, private health insurance)
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: 9 to 14 GBP (British Pound)
Pay Period: Hourly
Sensors invites you to join the Findit-Fixit Forum, where you can get answers to your sensing questions—concerning technologies, products, methods, applications, and services--and also offer help to your fellow engineers. The Forum covers all kinds of topics, from the basics to the extraordinary.