Our Client, one of the world's leading Telecoms companies, is looking to recruit an Informatica Data Operations Support Engineer to join their business in Hook, Hampshire.
Informatica - Data Operations Support Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overall ITIL Level 2 and Level 3 support for Applications running on Informatica PowerCenter, PowerExchange and also the Informatica platform Administration
· Responsible for coordination with the development team for the new implementations and support for the same.
· Provide cross-training for other team members on the Informatica platform.
· Responsible for deployments of new patches/codes for the platform
· Document and maintain procedures for performance tuning, configuration of environments and maintenance of the environment
· Performing Operations Acceptance testing for all development activities prior to production deployment
· Understand the Functional requirements and resolve incidents per the business priority
· Manage the Stakeholder Communications as part of the daily Operations Support and send in Communications for the Incidents / tickets received for the Data Support
· Involve in the new project discussions and on-board as per the guidelines
· Involve in root cause analysis and code changes to fix the issue if required.
· Involve in Continuous improvement and code optimization. Compliance with standard process and practice. Ensure the defect free deliverables.
· Need to co-ordinate with onsite and offshore team
· Improve application stability by observing patterns, recurring alerts or issues for permanent fix or automation
· Build/improve run books for Generalists to minimize operational errors
· Apply Design Thinking & Creative Ideas that add value to the Information ecosystem
· Engage in assignments from problem definition to solution design, all the way to development and deployment.
Knowledge / Skills
· Strong experience in activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale data warehouses using Power Center, Power Exchange and Administration.
· Experienced in Data Warehousing concepts and well versed in Data integration technologies.
· Basic Informatica Administration knowledge - User Management, Server related activities.
· Basic understanding Informatica IDQ.
· Experience in installing Informatica ETL products and hands-on experience in deploying hot fixes/patches.
· Skill in solving technically challenging issues and experienced fine tuning/resolving in ETL Job issues.
· Skill in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
· Excellent customer handling experience and communication skills
· Provide SME support and assistance in answering any Customer queries with respect to applications' core capabilities.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and meet delivery timelines with a high degree of client satisfaction is critical.
· Need to have good exposure in code deployment, migration.
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!
Sensors invites you to join the Findit-Fixit Forum, where you can get answers to your sensing questions—concerning technologies, products, methods, applications, and services--and also offer help to your fellow engineers. The Forum covers all kinds of topics, from the basics to the extraordinary.