This employer requests that only candidates in Ireland apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Ireland, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
The Franciscan Well Brewery was established in 1998 on a site in Cork City dating back 800 years to 1219. As well as developing a strong customer base, the brewery's beers have received international critical acclaim including 'Summer Saison' winning Gold in the 2016 World Beer Awards. Other beers brewed on site include Friar Weisse, Blarney Blonde, Rebel Red and Chieftain IPA.
The Franciscan Well Brewery is also a part of Molson Coors Brewing Company Ireland which boasts such brands as Grolsch, Carling, Coors light and Sharp's Doom Bar.
Due to a huge increase in demand, a brand new Franciscan Well brewery has been built in 2015 on the Docklands in Cork which increased production from 1,500HL per annum to a potential 75,000HL. The new facility operates to the standards of a global brewing company. The facility is largely operated by a central computerised control system.
The increase in scale, automation and standard of operation means that we require an Engineering Manager to join us in Cork to support the set up and technical development of the facility.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing the delivery of various engineering projects within defined time, cost and quality parameters
- Managing the delivery of continuous improvement projects to reduce lost time and health and safety risks
- Providing technical input into plant design and managing the installation of plant on time and within budget
- Management of the engineering function including contractors
- Developing planned and reactive maintenance plans from scratch and managing the maintenance schedule thereafter
- Promoting and encouraging engineering safety and compliance across the site
- Maintaining working standards to ensure all project work complies with all relevant legislation
- Setting and monitoring adherence to Engineering Standards for the design of production plant
- Contributing technical knowledge to concept, design and execution of projects
- Recruiting engineering staff as necessitated by business growth
- Championing Health and Safety on site
To be considered for this position applicants will have the following:
- Third Level qualification in Engineering - Electrical or Mechanical or time served apprenticeship as a Maintenance Technician
- Previous experience of working within a production (food, pharma, brewing) environment in an Engineering capacity
- Previous experience of implementing and operating CMMS
- Working knowledge of fully automated process equipment including PLCs, VSDs & HDMIs
- Trained in operating pressure systems
- Experience of site engineering EH&S management
- Experience of fault finding on motors, drives, process equipment, gearboxes and pumps
- Experience of operating a preventative maintenance system (CMMS)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally Excellent communication & IT skills (Microsoft Project)
Sensors invites you to join the Findit-Fixit Forum, where you can get answers to your sensing questions—concerning technologies, products, methods, applications, and services--and also offer help to your fellow engineers. The Forum covers all kinds of topics, from the basics to the extraordinary.